- This event has passed.
Free workshop in Kanata: Creating a website for your business
April 22, 2017 @ 3:45 pm - 5:00 pm EDTFree
“Creating a website for your business” is a free, public workshop to give business owners the necessary know-how to build and maintain a simple business website.
Workshop participants are eligible to receive free WordPress website hosting for a year, $50 per year thereafter.
It’s designed for beginners and doesn’t require programming skills or technical background.
We will focus on the following:
- Planning a business website: What’s the best way to structure a website for your business? What would you like the website to do? What is the value of clear navigation and content?
- Finding a domain name and affordable hosting: How to choose a domain name for your business? What tools can you use to find and purchase a domain name? Where can you host your website?
- Setting up and maintaining your website: Using WordPress to set up your website. Creating navigation. Finding a template. Adding content.
- Building a business website workshop – PPT deck
- Sample business charter
- Psychological properties of colours
- Google keyword planner
- Thesaurus – synonym generator
- Find font for your website using Google Fonts
About the presenter
Albert Novikov is a founder and CEO of Enerica – an Ottawa web design and marketing company. Albert has 15 years of web design experience working for various levels of government, private companies and non-profit organisations. His credo is “a better Internet for all” and he is passionate about promoting digital awareness and education. Among other things, Albert is a Certified Professional Project Manager (PMP) and has a Master’s degree in Public Administration.
- Website: www.enerica.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertnovikov